About Me

My photo
I am currently in my 3rd year at The University of Glamorgan, studying Costume Construction for Stage and Screen. My business e-mail is lauren.english72@gmail.com. Feel free to contact me regarding work or for more information.

Friday 24 February 2012

Tailoring

Apart from my Final Major Projects, this has probably been my favourite project to date. It was something I had always been interested in, and when the opportunity arised, especially getting to work with Monica Tyler - Head Tailor at the Welsh National Opera, I couldn't wait!!!!

This project was based on Architecture, so having previously been able to travel the Australia, it was only fitting that I focused my project on the Sidney Opera House!! I based my design on the sails or peaks of the Sidney Opera House, and also took inspiration from architecture from a visit to Witley Court, Worcestershire. Information can be found here: http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/witley-court-and-gardens/

I got to learn from scratch how to make a tailored garment from my own design, and I thoroughly enjoyed this project! Needless to say, I can't wait to do tailoring again!!

   

    






None of the photographic material or information may be used or reproduced without the prior permission of Lauren Elise English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment